Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sewing... It's a GIRL thing... or is it?

Most guys don't sew. Ever!

If you have ever heard of the "Man Card" you probably know why. Most guys just don't want to be called a sissy or gay, which has reached a new level of sensitivity in recent years. But there are many things that could be useful that have to be sewn or purchased. 

Aside from the stabs at ones manhood, cost could be a problem. Few people want to sew things with just a thread and needle, or even know how. So if you don't want to sew by hand you need a sewing machine and those get expensive! So, guys usually end up buying what they need or going without.

Fortunately for me my wife likes sewing and we have had the opportunity to get her a few nice machines. This has given me the opportunity to sew a few things, although my wife is better at it and still does most of the sewing.

Recently I made a little bag from an old shirt and paracord to hold some cedar shavings. It was easy to do and was an inexpensive way to fix a simple problem, musty smelling cabinets. The cabinets where we store our towels don't smell really bad but don't smell great either. So I decided to take some cedar chips left from another project and put them in a cloth pouch to make it smell better. Within half an hour I had a completely free way to make my cabinets and towels smell better. 

To all the guys out there afraid to sew, give it a try! My manhood isn't harmed and who knows what else guys can come up with that only a guy could love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment